(Associate Project Coordinator)
(Design and Construction Services)
Individual will perform engineering design phase reviews of highly technical plans and specifications to determine compliance with Building Codes, SUCF design standards and project scope. Communicate design requirements in a multi-discipline design and construction professional environment. Provide support during the construction phase by assisting in resolving mechanical problems encountered during the construction process. Evaluate new methods, equipment and systems to ascertain their feasibility for use on campus projects. Assist in developing and updating SUCF Program Directives.
Specific Duties and Functions:
- Review design plans and specifications for NYS Building Code and SUCF design standards compliance.
- Issue written review comments
- Attend design phase review meetings and interactively resolve design issues
- Provide support to achieve the organizations sustainability and energy goals
- Evaluate new and evolving technologies for potential incorporation into SUCF project designs
- Develop SUCF Program Directives to incorporate current design standards, efficiency systems and construction related issues
- Ability to mentor junior engineers on project review techniques and SUCF standards
- Participate in consultant and contractor evaluations
- Independently manage project workload to produce on-time review comments
- Travel within New York State is required
- Performs other duties as directed
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
A Bachelor's or Master's degree in mechanical engineering; plus ten (10) years' experience in engineering design and construction. A NYS professional license may be substituted for up to five (5) years' experience with a Bachelor's or Master's Degree. Must possess the ability to perform engineering design reviews on a wide range of project types and communicate the results across the range of the design/construction team disciplines. Working knowledge of building systems and building materials, their function, and physical properties as it applies to new and major renovation construction practices. Working knowledge of applicable codes, laws, rules and standards regulating design and construction. Effective communication and written skills.
An excellent fringe benefit package is available.
Please send letter of application and resume to:
Mary Jo Lais
Director - Administration & Human Resources
State University Construction Fund
Albany, NY 12246
Please also identify how (e.g., publication name, website name, etc.) you became aware of this opportunity
The State University Construction Fund is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Committed to excellence and diversity