Pacheco Ross, a division of H2M architects + engineers, a multi-disciplinary architectural, engineering, and environmental consulting firm seeks a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Albany Office in the Albany Capital Region.This position will include a focus on the design of HVAC systems for small and large projects including industrial buildings, schools, firehouses and commercial buildings.
Although their work may be hidden in ceilings, behind walls, and under floors, H2M's mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineers treat it like the main event. With a focus on developing detailed, quality drawings, they meet with each client to establish the full scope of work before putting pen to paper. By spending time in the field, taking measurements, and asking the right questions, they ensure a level of detail that simplifies the bid and construction process and results in fewer change orders. Our MEP solutions place an emphasis on building performance, energy efficiency, and occupant comfort. And while our efforts might not be visible in the finished product, the effortlessness they bring to our client's building's operations will be.
We're looking for an enthusiastic go-getter who is just as comfortable managing the work as they are interfacing with clients and helping us build our business. As a part of the H2M Team, you will have the support of our 400+ staff to help you succeed in all aspects of your work. We're passionate about our work, dedicated to our clients, and committed to our 80+ year legacy. We emphasize collaboration and community involvement and promote sustainability in our practice, ensuring that the right projects are developed with minimal impact on the environment.
Join our diverse team of passionate employees who deliver excellence to our clients every day!
- Project supervision and coordination with other engineering and architecture departments within the firm.
- Preparation of construction drawings and specifications for public and private bidding.
- Relationship building and communicating directly with clients in support and coordination of all project activities.
- Technical leadership, production and scheduling, quality control and cost proposals.
- Responsible for the on-time, on budget and high quality technical delivery of all project requirements.
- Business development initiatives relating to getting new clients.
- Management of junior level staff.
Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related discipline.
- Approximately 8-15 years of HVAC design experience, with and at least 5 years of project management experience in a consulting environment required.
- Experience with municipalities/government agencies a plus.
- Strong technical leadership and management skills.
- Ability to mentor junior level staff.
- Strong client relationship building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional Engineer (NYS) license required.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life and LTD insurance, 401(k) with matching contributions, tuition reimbursement, FSA, HSAand excellent professional development program.